Wednesday, June 24, 2009

1. Champing at the Bit

fiddlex.png

I like Prozac. Its eases obsession and compulsion. I ran out about five years ago, however, and have had to rely on other methods, like "practicing acceptance", since. I was trying to roll with the punches even when it looked like our planned road trip might be, at the very least, postponed till next month, October. I near froze in the North Carolina hills one August, but it could be done, heck, I've been double-bagged in long johns, before.

It appears that things have come together, though. A hurricane has drawn off any rain for the first part of our journey and further maintenance on the big yella bike can wait till my return.
This is the bike I'll ride. She's on loan from one of the finest men in Flour Bluff, Texas.

Honda Valkyrie Interstate

Is she a beauty? She's a Honda Valkyrie Interstate, the same motorcycle as my big yella bike, but tricked out with a batwing fairing, and hard luggage, a "cruiser for touring" motorcycle.
I sometimes refer to the Interstate as an "old guy Valkyrie" and I've already received a razzing, by phone, from a fellow rider in Virginia who knows I'll be turning up on this baby. Chickens coming home to roost, I guess.


Jill elected to ride her trusty (and fast) Honda Magna, this trip. Once she's hung her saddlebags and Nelson-Rigg sissy bar bag on her, this workhorse is capable of carrying nearly everything we'd need for camping.

'99 Honda Magna

We're gassed and shined up and I'm ready to be off on another big adventure with the luckiest woman in Flour Bluff.
I don't own a cell phone or laptop; so don't expect hourly ride reports.


This link will show the route to our destination.




We'll take a direct route back with a stop in Oberlin, LA.
ETA in Corpus Christi: Sept. 26 (2007).


I have to go find my good underwear, now.
The adventure begins below.


No comments:

Post a Comment